von Peter himself has been watching with keen interest from his little piece of the world for a certain auspicious “thing” to pass … and that “thing” has now come to pass. Ot at least to partially pass. A clue …
For those Dear readers still a little in the dark Calpe Miniatures have released the first of their Saxon Light Infantry. This lot are posed for firing line and skirmishing duties. More poses are reportedly yet to come.
Available packs are …
- S61 – Light infantry firing line and skirmish figures – 3 loading, 3 firing
- S62 – Four Light infantry figures holding fire
- S63 – Four light infantry figures. Head turn and greatcoat roll variants
- S64 – Four Saxon Light Infantry figures. Forage and bareheaded pack
- S65 – Four Light infantry figures. Command pack – abugler, a drummer a pioneer and an NCO
- S66 – Four Light Infantry officers in firing line and skirmish poses – 3 on foot and 1 mounted
- S74 – Four light infantry prone casualties
Note that gap between S66 and S74. On might think that further Light Infantry packs may be destined to plug that gap might one not? Happy days. 😎
von Peter himself requires two battalions of these gentlemen for the first brigade of his 24th (Saxon) Division of 1813. Locally at Neu Schloss von Peter it has become the custom to model light battalions as firing lines so this release is rather fortuitous. One battalion has been ordered but the second will be delayed as von Peter himself will peruse the later releases for any packs that may usefully be added into a firing line. In particular a second differing mounted officer will be sought.
Count the self confessed Calpe Miniatures zealot von Peter himself as most content with his lot.
The pictures are “borrowed” from the Calpe website and as usual Mr Calpe has done a wonderful job pigmenting his creations. They are clickable for a larger and clearer view. All of the new packs are likewise shown in their painted states front and back on that same Calpe Miniature website.
And while on Calpe Saxons von Peter himself suspects that more of the Saxon Foot Artillery now have pigmented pictures on the website to inspire, aid in the interpretation of the figures and just act inspirationally.
Until we meet again …
von Peter himself