If all goes according to plan this will be the last post on this here blog for the year 2012. If it all goes astray then welcome to the first post for 2013! 8O)
Several stars have aligned themselves to form the raw material for this post.
The son & heir is chomping his way through the Bernard Cornwell novels that are set in the American Civil War (ACW) and based around the adventures of Nathaniel Starbuck – a northerner who fights for them dirty rebels of the Confederacy. He had also asked Father Christmas – touching aint it – for one them new fangled Perry Miniatures boxes of plastic American Civil War Confederate Infantry 1861-65 along with a box of plastic American Civil War Cavalry. The good Father duly delivered.
And then there was the talk that the institution of the monthly multi player game would be reinstated and that the first game would be of the ACW flavour.
Put all this together and being young and impressionable The son & heir has leapt back into the ACW with a vengeance …
- He has forced his long suffering parents to obtain for him a Confederate flag and even had it installed on one of the walls in the hallowed Bastion – the gaming room of Schloss von Peter. See the heading picture. Some sort of Napoleonic or perhaps Seven Years War standard is required to bring sanity back to The Bastion. Hopefully the folds will drop out or else some variety of corrective action will be required!
- He has painted up a standard bearer for his first battalion of damned rebs … errr, Confederate infantry; chipped out one of the figures and replaced it with said standard bearer.
- Painted a second battalion of damned rebs – including standard bearer. 8O)
- Finally painted the gun barrels of his damned reb battery thereby completing the battery.
- Not that you’ll see it in this post but he has also painted the figures for two stands of the three required for his third battalion of damned reb infantry.
The good news is that having had a few days off work von Peter himself has managed to progress his long suffering Saxon battalion to the point where it is very nearly complete. So here’s hoping for some pictures early in 2013.
Further glad tidings for early 2013 include the anticipated arrival of the fruits Martin Kelly’s Limited Edition Figures project and the chance to order some Calpe Miniatures March Attack French AND French Artillery. Roll on 2013.
Until we meet again … and a Happy New Year …